Friday, December 12, 2008

Budapest Buildings are beautiful



The architecture in the city is really amazing and here are 2 buildings that I saw the other day and thought they were worth sharing

One is the main synagogue which is still in use today and is one of the largest in Europe - just off Museum Kurat

The other is the entrance to an office on Andrassy which is just mindblowingly detailed - pity that I couldn't get into the building itself as the hallway which I could just glimpse through the small window was wonderfully ornate and well worth checking out

I have got itno a terrible habit of walking around looking up to take in the buildings - only problem is that I am starting to lose counts of the numbers of grannies I have knockered over, dogs I have trodden on and pieces of street furniture I have walked into so might have to stop before I do myself a mischief!!

No comments: