Friday, December 12, 2008

Shameless Self publicity

After going to yet another party - it is a hard life but someone has to do it - this time for the great local fortnightly 'whats on' title called Funzine - I was asked to go for an interview on one of the local radio stations that has an English language show called Legal Alien every Tuesday evening where they interview expats and find out what they do and what they think about Budapest and they wanted someone fresh off the boat to come and talk about first impressions of the city and never being one to hide my light under a bushel, I accepted the offer and gave my thoughts to a rapt, enchanced audience of Hungarians and certain interested parties listening over the internet in France and Bristol (thanks to my loyal fans - you know who you are!!)

Great expereince - I was expecting about 5 mins and was given about 45 mins interspersed with songs to have a chat with Mark and Jennifer about life in Hungary, Budapest and the rest of the world is like, what working here is like and why I came to Budapest.

After only 6 weeks, it was lucky that the interview/show was in English, otherwise it may have been a very short conversation - but there was mention that I may be asked to come back after a little longer time in the country to see whether my opinions have changed etc - especially after the winter!!

Thansk to Mark and Jennifer for the opportunity

No comments: